What is personal information?
Personal information is information or an opinion about an identifiable or reasonably identifiable person. The personal information we will collect and hold will include your name, date of birth, gender, telephone number, address, email, employment details and any other information we may need to identify you.
What is credit information?
Credit information is personal information that relates to credit that a person has applied for or has been provided. The credit information that we will collect from you may include your records of credit that you have applied for (including the name of the credit provider, the type of credit and the amount of credit), default information or any other information that has a bearing on your credit worthiness used to determine your eligibility for credit. Credit information also include credit reporting information supplied to us by a credit reporting body and any information that we derive from it.
We will collect, hold, disclose and use your personal and credit information to:
- assess and verify your identity and financial situation;
- assess your credit application, or your suitability as a guarantor to a credit application;
- provide such information to a guarantor or related applicant;
- exchange your information with a credit reporting body;
- disclose your information to credit providers as set out in our ‘Credit Provider Schedule’ to arrange credit;
- disclose your information to an insurer to arrange insurance you wish to obtain;
- obtain from, and disclose to, third-parties such as your employer, landlord, real estate agent, lending institution and guarantor who are deemed as reasonably necessary to arrange finance and/or insurance; and
- refer you to other organisations, service providers or business partners or obtain referrals from them to you.
We may not be able to proceed with credit assistance without the ability to collect, hold, disclose and use your personal and credit information.
Identity & financial situation verification
We are required by the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth) to collect and use personal and credit information from you in order to identify you. We are also required by the National Consumer Credit Protection Act 2009 (Cth) to collect credit information and personal information about you and take reasonable steps to verify this, including your financial situation. This verification may include enquiring via a credit reporting body.
Authority to make requests
You authorise us to make requests for personal and credit information from credit providers and credit reporting bodies.
By signing this Privacy Consent, you consent to the credit providers listed in the schedule to this consent doing any of the following:
- where you are the borrower—obtaining information or a report about your commercial activities or commercial credit worthiness for the purpose of assessing your application from any business which provides information about the commercial credit worthiness of persons (this includes a credit reporting body);
- where you are the borrower—giving to and obtaining from any credit provider named in your credit application or in a credit report on you issued by a credit reporting agency, information about your credit arrangements for the purposes of:
- (i) assessing your application for credit;
- (ii) notifying a default by you;
- (iii) allowing another credit provider to ascertain the status of your finance arrangements with us where you are in default with one or more other credit providers; and
- (iv) generally assessing your credit worthiness;
- where you are the borrower—disclosing personal and credit information to a person you have nominated to act as guarantor for the purpose of the guarantor considering whether to offer to act as a guarantor or offer property as security for the credit; and
- where you are the guarantor—obtaining a report about your credit worthiness from a credit reporting body for the purpose of assessing whether to accept you as a guarantor.
You acknowledge and agree that the information referred to above can include any information about your personal and/or commercial credit worthiness, credit standing, credit history or credit capacity which the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) allows credit providers to give to or receive from each other.
We will disclose or exchange your personal and credit information to the following persons:
- potential credit providers and/or insurers as part of our credit assistance process;
- third-parties to verify the details provided are correct, including with your agents, guardians, attorneys and employers;
- our related body corporates, assignees, agents, contractors, advisers and finance aggregation partners;
- law enforcement, government and regulatory bodies;
- any person who refers you to us for credit assistance;
- joint applicants and guarantors;
- any financial institution to, or from which a payment is made;
- debt collection agencies; and
- anyone who refers you to us.
We will not disclose your personal and credit information to any overseas recipient.
Credit reporting bodies
We may exchange personal and credit information with a credit reporting body as detailed below:
- disclosure of details such as name, date of birth and address to obtain a credit report on the applicant or guarantor in our capacity as an access seeker in the credit assistance process;
- use any information provided by a credit reporting body to assist us in conducting a preliminary assessment of a proposed credit application and its suitability to the applicant; and
- request a credit reporting body to provide us with an assessment of whether information provided by the applicant or guarantor matches that in the credit report to verify the identity of applicant and/or guarantor.
We may submit a credit application to credit providers listed in our ‘Credit Provider Schedule’. If a credit provider holds pertinent credit eligibility information, the credit provider must share this information with us, yourself or someone you have authorised to act on your behalf. Credit providers may also engage directly with a credit reporting body and you can ascertain the details on this and how they handle personal and credit information via their websites which are listed in our ‘Credit Provider Schedule’. If your credit application proceeds with a credit provider you may be asked again for your consent to collect, store and use your personal and credit information by this credit provider.
We have finance aggregation arrangements with the following entities who assist us in having access to a wide range of credit providers. We may utilise their systems as part of our credit assistance process and other platforms for potential ongoing client contact. We may also share your details as part of compliance audits.
- Fintelligence Pty Ltd (ABN 80 625 017 174), Australian Credit Licence #511803
You have the right to ask:
- that we provide you with the personal and credit information we hold about you;
- that we correct any personal and credit information we hold about you that is shown to be incorrect;
- the credit reporting body does not use your personal information for assessment purposes or direct marketing; and
- the credit reporting body provides you with a copy of information it holds about you.
To access and/or seek correction of your personal or credit information we hold, or make a complaint about privacy, you can contact us on phone number 1300 212 200 or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or registered post to Unit 2, 1334 Albany Highway Cannington WA 6107.
We would like to contact you from time to time with marketing information about the products and services we provide. You can opt-out of receiving direct marketing communication from us at any time.
If you do NOT want to receive marketing information from us, please tick this box:
If you provide us with an email address or mobile phone number, you consent for us to use these details to send you, or make available to you, notices and relevant documents, including those from a credit provider or insurer. You are therefore responsible for maintaining appropriate software, hardware and associated processes to receive, access, review, print and save copies of such documents.
This consent applies to all types of communication that is permitted by law to occur electronically. Therefore, paper (hard copy) documents may not be provided to you, unless we are obliged to by law. You must regularly check advised electronic communication mediums for communication from us. If your details change, you must promptly notify us.
If you wish to withdraw your consent to electronic communication, please notify us on phone number 1300 212 200 or by emailing us at email@example.com or registered post to Unit 2, 1334 Albany Highway Cannington WA 6107.
By signing below, as applicant or guarantor, I acknowledge and declare that I have read and understood this Privacy Consent. I consent to the collection, storage, use and disclosure of my personal information and credit information in accordance with this Privacy Consent.
|Applicant 1||Applicant 2|
|Guarantor 1||Guarantor 2|
CREDIT PROVIDER SCHEDULE
|CREDIT PROVIDER||ABN or ACN||WEBSITE ADDRESS|
|Affordable Car Loans||23 098 491 484||www.affordablecarloans.com.au|
|Australian and New Zealand Banking Group Ltd (ANZ)||11 005 357 522||www.anz.com|
|Australia Motorcycle and Marine Finance||85 603 969 875||www.ammf.com.au|
|Australian Premier Finance||54 104 959 435||www.australianpremierfinance.com.au|
|Automotive Financial Services Pty Limited||73 003 622 375||www.afs.com.au|
|Axsess today||50 603 323 182||https://www.axsesstoday.com.au/|
|Bank of Queensland Limited||32 009 656 740||www.boq.com.au|
|BMW Australia Finance Limited||78 007 101 715||www.bmw.com.au|
|Capital Finance Australia Limited||23 069 663 136||www.capitalfinance.com.au|
|Car Start Pty Ltd||47 156 477 413||www.carstart.com.au|
|Commonwealth Bank of Australia||48 123 123 124||www.commbank.com.au|
|Drive Finance||70 078 429 151||www.drivefinance.com.au|
|Evergreen Finance Company Pty Ltd||35 126 481 865||www.evergreenfinancecompany.com|
|Fin One Pty Ltd||80 139 719 903||www.finone.com.au|
|Fix My Credit||33 616 193 287||www.fixmycred.com.au|
|Firstmac Limited||094 145 963||www.firstmac.com.au|
|Flexirent Capital Pty Ltd||93 064 046 046||www.flexigroup.com.au|
|Get Capital Pty Ltd||149 390 625||www.getcapital.com.au|
|Greenlight Auto Finance||39 131 507 474||www.greenlightauto.finance|
|International Acceptance Group||93 098 034 041||www.theiagroup.com.au|
|Latitude Automotive Financial Services||80 004 187 419||www.latitudefinancial.com.au|
|Latitude Personal Finance Pty Ltd||54 008 443 810||www.latitudefinancial.com.au|
|Lumi Finance||75 627 897 625||www.lumi.com.au|
|Macquarie Leasing Pty Ltd||46 008 583 542||www.macquarie.com.au|
|Metro Finance Pty Ltd||44 600 674 093||www.metrofin.com.au|
|Miracle Car Finance Pty Ltd||73 121 367 226||www.miraclecarfinance.com.au|
|Money 3 Loans Pty Ltd||108 979 406||www.money3.com.au|
|Morris Finance Ltd||70 083 630 139||www.morrisfinance.com.au|
|ME Bank||56 070 887 679||www.mebank.com.au|
|Moula||95 164 875 325||www.moula.com.au|
|Pepper Money||55 094 317 665||www.pepper.com.au|
|Prospa||47 154 775 667||www.prospa.com|
|R.A.C.V Finance Limited||82 004 292 291||www.racv.com.au|
|Rapid Loans||54 103 660 546||www.rapidloans.com.au|
|Ratesetter Australia||571 666 466 35||www.ratesetter.com.au|
|Secure Funding Pty Ltd (Liberty)||25 081 982 872||www.liberty.com.au|
|Selfco Leasing||099 591 616||www.selfco.com.au|
|Silver Chef Rentals Pty Ltd||33 112 241 522||www.silverchef.com.au|
|Society One||151 627 977||www.societyone.com.au|
|St George Bank||33 007 457 141||www.stgeorge.com.au|
|Thorn Business Finance||63 008 454 439||www.thornbusinessfinance.com.au|
|TL Rentals Pty Ltd||071 702 264||www.tlrentals.com.au|
|UME Loans||25 138 637 064||www.silverchef.com.au|
|Victorian Mortgage Group||42 006 110 998||www.vicgroup.com.au|
|Westpac Banking Corporation||33 007 457 141||www.westpac.com.au|
|Wingate Consumer Finance (Now Finance)||158 703 612||www.nowfinance.com.au|
|VW Financial Services Pty Ltd||20 097 071 460||www.volkswagon.com.au|
|Wisr Finance Pty Ltd||119 503 221||www.wisr.com.au|